2020 Advancing Women to the Top Conference
Presented by Mr. Tee's of Alabama
September 25, 2020
a small group virtual conference
Featuring Keynote Speaker
Fighting Like a Woman
(We will be logging on at 8:30 am to give everyone time to get connected and settled before the event begins.)
9:00 am Welcome and introduction
9:10 am Session 1: Ginny Shaver – Suffrage in the City: Retha Deal Wynot and Gadsden’s role in the Suffrage Movement
9:30 am Break
9:40 am Session 2: Gretchen VanValkenburg, Auburn University, Vice President for Alumni Affairs – Vision 2020 – in a year where all plans have literally been thrown out the window, there’s an opportunity to create a strategic path forward for personal development that can lead to professional growth.
10:40 am Break
10:50 am Session 3: Nanda Patel, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Owner – Identity Crisis: Uncovering and Loving the Natural You
11:30 am Break; lunches, The Color Test sent to groups
12:00 pm FIERCE Award, door prizes
12:10 pm Keynote address: Joanne Hightower, United Way of Etowah County, Executive Director - Fight Like a Woman: Persisting in your pursuit of healthcare as a woman c
1:15 pm Break
1:25 pm Session 4: Kim Holt Cochran, Women’s Fund of Birmingham. Vice President of External Affairs – Women Helping Women: How to take the model of an organization focused on equity and apply it to your own life and work
2:00 pm Break
2:10 pm Session 5: Carver Boynton, The Summit, General Manager – Work to Do: While we celebrate the Suffrage Centennial, there is still much work to be done
3:00 pm Conclusion and wine down
To say things will be a little different this year will be an understatement... but we're women and we know how to pivot and persevere!
This year's event will be virtually social!
- Sponsorships are $300 for 8 participants.
- Sponsors are asked to host the 8 attendees at their place of business, home, back yard, a friend's business... whatever feels most comfortable to you! Host your friends, coworkers, clients - those folks that you've been networking with safely and feel comfortable being near.
- Sponsors will receive 8 fun bags for each participant that include a commemorative glass, other goodies from sponsors, program materials, and one bottle of white and one bottle of red for the wine down at the end of the day.
- Sponsors will be sent the conference link a week prior to the event, and we will provide technical assistance to make sure your set-up is optimum for participating in the event.
- Sponsors are asked to provide boxed lunches for their participants at their host location (that's why we can offer the sponsorship so affordably!)
Don't need a sponsorship for a table of 8? No worries, businesses can sponsor without participants for only $100 and will have their logo shown during 8 separate sessions throughout the day.
Single seat participants are only $35 and will be sent the log-in information the morning of the event. We're sorry, but single-seat participants will have to provide their own wine and check their own technical connections!